We work closely and collaboratively with local authorities most notably in the property area, where our team has a reputation for the depth of its local knowledge and experience, and also for being able to take a strategic view of issues that arise.
Our day to day work includes the preparation of legal documents required by subdivision resource consents:
- section 221 consent notices
- cancellation and variations of existing consent notices
- easements in gross
- fencing covenants
- land covenants
- section 108 RMA bonds
- transferable development right bonds
- amalgamation covenants and their cancellation
- cancellation of building act conditions
- cancellation of building line restrictions, esplanade strips, sight line encumbrances
Our diverse practice also includes work on different types of leases (registered, community or commercial), the sale of stopped roads, acquisition of land under the Public Works Act and regular sale and purchases of land.